Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by Marques Ogden, An ex-NFL Professional Footballer and Howard University graduate, who followed his dream, and his brother Jonathan Ogden’s footsteps (who is an NFL Hall of Famer by the way), by getting drafted into the NFL in 2003. Marques is also the author of the best-selling book, “The Success Cycle” 3 Keys for Achieving Your Goals in Business and Life”
Marques played professional American Football for 5 years as an offensive lineman with the Titans, Bills, Ravens and Jaguars.
However, even during the offseason, Ogden helped train football players in Europe, both physically and mentally.
You may wonder why Nick has invited an ex-pro American football player to the HR L&D Podcast? Well Marques has quite the story to share! He is also now a skilled Author, Celebrity Success Coach, Commentator and Leadership expert! Without giving too much away too soon, we would love to take this opportunity to welcome elite sportsman, elite coach and elite leader, Marques Ogden to the HR L&D Podcast show!
In this “Becoming an Elite Leader” episode with ex-NFL Star, Marques Ogden on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What does the word “leadership” mean to Marques?
- What is the Marques Ogden story?
- How can everyone develop the idea of becoming a leader?
- In your book, “The Success Cycle” 3 Keys for Achieving Your Goals in Business and Life” you have an acronym which is L.E.A.D. Can you break this down for us?
- SWhat are the key components needed to drive Leadership?
- How can leaders create and sustain a winning culture?
- What is the hardest job of being a leader?
- Why it is so important that employee behaviours, missions, and values align with company visions and goals if organisations want to achieve maximum success?
- What can we do to help ourselves pivot if things aren’t moving the way we want due to unforeseen circumstances or even worse, we have taken a fall and we don’t know how get back up?
Links highlighted in this “Becoming an Elite Leader” episode are included below:
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!