Juliet Robertson is a leading outdoor learning consultant, author of 2 popular books, who is living with a terminal illness. Before becoming a consultant, Juliet was a head teacher at three schools. Her other experience draws on a degree in environmental science, as an archaeologist, conservation, outdoor education and years in mainstream teaching, including as a head teacher.
● Talks frankly and tenderly about her terminal illness.
● Brings all her experience to this conversation, sharing the potential of outdoor learning and outdoor play.
● Emphasises that you don’t need a qualification to take learning outside and the preciousness of play.
● Challenges the cultural assumption that real learning only happens indoors.
● Reiterates that the outdoors is not a ‘subject’, rather an essential place of learning any area of the curriculum.
The Wild Minds Podcast is brought to you by me, Marina Robb, an author, entrepreneur, Forest School and Nature-Based Trainer and Consultant, and pioneer in developing Green Programmes for the Health Service in the UK.