In this episode, I interviewed Kaci Ackerman all about the importance of having a great project management program and how it can greatly streamline your workflow. Kaci was a dental office manager for about ten years before she was furloughed during covid and suddenly found herself without an income. This drove her to start her own freelance business. She eventually became a certified business manager and is an expert on ClickUp, an incredible project management program. Kaci is passionate about helping people keep the joy in their businesses by creating processes and systems to help them simplify the tasks they do every day.
ClickUp’s tagline is “one app to replace them all”, and after hearing Kaci talk about it, it almost sounds too good to be true. If you don’t already have a project management program that you love, Kaci makes a very convincing case for why you should be using ClickUp. Having good systems in place allows you to take care of each of your clients without feeling overwhelmed with tasks or worrying you might have forgotten something. This is so important if you want to live a life beyond your business, have more time for other things, and not have to think about your business 24/7. I hope this episode inspires you to streamline your workflow, implement a system that works for you, and simplify your business so that you can be present and attain a healthier work-life balance.
In this episode, we cover:
- Why everyone needs a great project management tool
- Signs it’s time to switch to a different project management system
- Advantages of ClickUp over other project management systems
- What ClickUp ISN’T made for
- Difference between a CRM (client relationship management) and a project management system
- Using ClickUp forms to streamline your weekly communication with clients
- The benefits of simplifying your business and your workflow
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram! @laurenwrighton
Learn how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hrs/wk in my free masterclass! Grab a seat at LaurenWrighton.com/masterclass