“Cancellation” is a word that sends a shiver down the spine of any membership site owner, but are membership site owners missing a trick when it comes to how they handle cancelled members?
In our own membership, Membership Academy, 25% of members who leave end up rejoining. This is why it’s essential not to burn your bridges – and to put a rock-solid win-back strategy in place.
Join us in this episode of The Membership Guys Podcast to learn what a win-back campaign is, how to structure it, and what some of the essential tactics you need to use are.
Essential Learning Points:
· Where many membership site owners are getting it wrong when it comes to cancelled members
· How to create a win-back sequence that gives lapsed members a great reason to come back
· What the three key notes you need to hit are if you want to create a compelling case for re-joining your membership
Important Links & Mentions:
· Try These Tactics to Pre-empt and Prevent Member Cancellations
· 4 Essential Email Automations Every Membership Website Needs
· Facebook Remarketing Strategies for Membership Websites
· What To Do (And What to Avoid) When Someone Cancels Their Membership
· Membership Academy
· Membership Mastermind from The Membership Guys
· “People may leave your membership site for a variety of reasons and many of those reasons will have nothing to do with them being unhappy with your membership.”
· “You need to give people enough time to realize what they’re missing, to get past the issue that may have caused them to leave in the first place.”
· “As part of your win-back campaign, you should be asking outright – what would it take for you to return?”
· “At Membership Academy, we find that about 25% of members who leave come back.”
We really appreciate you choosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today's show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in Apple Podcasts. They're extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts to make sure that you never miss an episode.