Hello, I am Stephanie Luo. Welcome to my podcast “Surface Time” (aka “Confessions of a Diving Junkie”), where I chinwag with people who are like me scuba diver and chronic addict to being underwater.
I think it is a universal sentiment amongst scuba divers. “Scuba diving” is the best social icebreaker. Whether you’ve just met each other on a dive trip or at a “much-dreaded” work event. Once “scuba diving” comes into the dialogue, you instantly connect with each other and want to continue chatting. The conversation would easily evolve from scuba diving to many other things. Often you become friends for life.
During Surface Time, I am speaking with other diver-friends. Most of them don’t make a living out of diving. Instead, diving makes their living more meaningful. I want to find out from them what led them to diving, what keeps them going diving, what good has diving done for them in their personal life and in their workplace; and everything else other than diving.
- Like the importance of photographing whale poop [Tony Wu]
- Snippet of being locked down in Shanghai, 2 years into Covid-pandemic [Nico de Rouge]
- Why plastic pollution is a climate emergency? [Margaret Murphy]
- Insight to a software engineer’s creative process [Magnus Akerblom-Wiker]
- What you should know before getting a parrot as pet [Sharon Kwok]
These are stories of people doing amazing things and living life to the fullest. I hope that whether you are a diver or not, they will stimulate and inspire you one way or another.
Thank you. Enjoy the confessions.
Connect with us:
IG: @surfacetimechats or https://www.instagram.com/surfacetimechats/
TW: @surfacetimechat (no “s”)