Andrew Opdyke -The Economy - 2nd Quarter Update 2021
The 1st quarter of the year saw tremendous economic growth, but will the 2nd quarter continue the trend?
The economy has broadened in the past few months due to downtown representation and employment acceleration factors. But we still have higher demand than supply, inflation costs, and interest rates concerns.
In this episode of the Secure Your Retirement podcast, we have Andrew Opdyke, a Certified Financial Advisor, Economist at First Trust Advisor. Listen to Andrew as he explains how economic growth, employment, and inflation in the 2nd quarter will influence the federal government’s monetary policies decisions.
In this episode, find out:
· The broadening up of the economy due to downtown representation.
· The impact of employment acceleration in the 1st and 2nd quarters on the economy.
· How the 2nd quarter economic growth will impact the rest of 2021 and the beginning of 2022.
· How demand is outshining supply which is pushing off growth that could be happening now.
· How the supply and demand mismatch factor is pushing inflation costs higher.
· Why employment stability could lead to inflation costs increase in the long term.
· Why the small and mid-sized companies will outperform due to global reopening.
· Why monetary policies are going to remain accommodative unit around 2023.
· Andrew’s personal economic predictions for the rest of 2021 and maybe early 2022.
“The second half from an economic growth perspective has got a lot of fundamental tailwind behind it that will set to continue through the end of the year and into 2022.”- Andrew Opdyke
“The supply chain is still healing, it’s still fixing.”- Andrew Opdyke
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.
To receive our free book, Get Off the Retirement Rollercoaster, leave a 5-star rating review on Apple Podcasts and send a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org.