Thanks to State Representative Jeff Roy for making some time in his schedule to join me for a virtual conversation about what’s happening in the state government and his campaign for re-election in November 2022. Jeff represents the 10th Norfolk District and has served as the Chairperson of the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities & Energy in this current term.
A quick overview of Jeff
- Development of political career, School Committee, Town Council, then State Rep
- Newsletter, office hours
- Video from House floor – periodic, topical
- More Perfect Union – broad topics on regular schedule
- Frank Presents – recent overview
- Making Sense of Climate – 2 episodes, likely more on the roadmap to 2050
- Presidential library tours shared at Franklin Historical Museum
- PanMass ride, Ben Gardner’s Boat
- SAFE Coalition, Franklin Food Pantry and other local nonprofits
This listing may have left something out, but it leads me to two observations:
- Lifelong learner
- Looking for meaningful challenges
Can you develop your thoughts on those?
Can you explore:
- How you juggle home/family life with public work
- Opportunities for improvements in transparency of State House deliberations, information
The audio segment runs about 50 minutes, so listen in to my conversation with State Representative Jeff Roy
Jeff Roy’s campaign page https://jeffreyroy.com/
Jeff Roy’s Twitter = https://twitter.com/jeffroy
Representative Roy’s Facebook page = https://www.facebook.com/RepJeffRoy/
Jeff’s Representative profile page at MA Legislature = https://malegislature.gov/Legislators/Profile/JNR1
Newsletter - subscribe here -> https://jeffreyroy.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a03272e278ec395d5f164106a&id=43d5611856
Video advocating passage of the climate act -> https://youtu.be/PB-CRp7ooCg
More Perfect Union – broad topics on regular schedule -> https://more-perfect-union.captivate.fm/
Frank Presents – recent overview -> https://youtu.be/E5RjWxDg1lU
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm).
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"