Nick chats with Dave from Roatan Paddlesports, Honduras who set up his stand up paddle board business in this tropical island paradise.
Dave tells how a Canuck from the oil industry came over with the intention of buying a brewery and ended up with an A1 paddle board beach lifestyle.
You can connect with Dave and Roatan Paddle sport on Facebook here
Warning – this episode could lead to insane jealousy and a desire to change your life.
In this session we cover
- The weather, the island and culture of Roatan
- How Dave came to be working & living in Honduras
- Challenges to setting up the business
- Tourist tours
- Beauty of the reef & wildlife
- Typical day in the life of Roatan Paddle Sports
- World class Kayaking & whitewater in Roatan
Roatan Paddle Sports
Hutch SUP Wear
Mentioned in this episode:
The SUPfm SUP Safety Course
Designed for beginner and intermediate level leisure paddlers we deliver the right safety topics, delivered with the appropriate level of detail. The course aims to help you become more confident and self-sufficient when you’re making your personal safety decisions.