Every so often on the podcast we will bring you something that is a little bit different.
This episode is part one of a conversation with Esports Legends TLO & MaNa. They are professional Starcraft II players and they tell us the story of what it was like to compete against Google DeepMinds AlphaStar AI agent.
This is a fascinating discussion about the technical capability of AI agents and about the psychology involved when Humans take on the machines.
- A typical day for an esports athlete
- The similarities and differences between Esports and normal sports
- The importance of actions and screens per minutes for high performance
- The role of gaming in driving development of AI
- Evolution of gaming AI agents
- The challenges in competing against a blackbox
- Exploiting the game playing tendencies of the AlphaStar
- The psychological pressure of playing against AlphaStar
- Underestimating the ability of AlphaStar
Deepmind Alphastar Videos:
TLO Profile: - https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/TLO
MaNa Profile: - https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/MaNa