SEO expert Joe Balestrino is the author of four books and the founder of a digital marketing agency called 4PointDigital. Joe has been in the SEO industry for nearly twenty years (longer than most digital marketing agencies have even existed!) so he knows a thing or two about driving traffic and getting seen. His One Big Tip is to go the paid route and utilize Google Ads.
Organic SEO strategies can get results, but they can also take a great deal of time, investment, and shots in the dark. That’s why Joe suggests putting money towards your efforts and paying for Google Ads.
The main difference between SEO and Google Ads is the fact that Google Ads allows you to look at reliable data. Joe says this will make all the difference - it’s a matter of figuring out exactly which keywords bring in the most business. Interested in trying this out for yourself? In this episode, Joe digs deep and shares all his tips for getting started.
In this episode
Support the show
- [1:08] Joe has worked in digital marketing for almost 20 years. He tells us all about his journey and explains how he got involved in search engine optimization.
- [4:42] Joe emphasizes the importance of SEO strategy.
- [7:05] When creating an SEO strategy, Joe says it’s important to get specific on your business, think about what people are likely to search, and aim realistically.
- [11:15] Joe says paying for Google Ads is a highly effective alternative to organic SEO. He shares the benefits, including the fact that you have full access to tons of helpful data.
- [13:06] What are the factors to consider when getting started with Google Ads? Joe breaks it down.
- [15:30] How much should you be paying for these ads? Joe explains that more specificity will bring more results, but cost more.