Matt Needy is Vice President of Navy Programs for Huntington Ingalls Industries, America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. Matt obtained his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, and he chose Optimism as his topic.
- Optimism creates a highly motivated workforce.
- A part of being optimistic is having a well thought out plan.
- Being conscious and self aware helps you not to give in to emotions.
- “Optimism is essential for you to motivate that team, and nobody wants to work for a pessimistic person.”
- “The basis for optimism really starts with being real.”
- “Early in your career, you have to be working on your EQ or your emotional intelligence, as well as your IQ.”