Leveling up your videos is sometimes all about getting back to basics.
When creating live training or pre-recorded learning content, there’s one question you should ask yourself - what is your on-camera presence like?
In the learning industry, your on-camera presence is key to getting your message across.
But what if you’re not a natural in front of the camera? Don’t worry, the truth is most people aren’t. If you want to learn how to improve your on-camera image, we’ve got just the episode of The Visual Lounge for you.
Diana Howles, CEO and Co-Owner of Howles Associates, shares some tips for success and breaks down all the little details you should think about to improve your videos and give a great impression to your audience.
Diana is an award-winning speaker, author, and international virtual trainer with 25 years of experience in the learning industry. She has conducted live online training for clients since 2000 and has taught virtual classes in more than a dozen countries. Diana is also the author of the book Next Level Virtual Training.
Learning points from the episode include:
- 0:00 – 3:31 Intro
- 3:31 – 5:14 Diana explains the premise of her book, Next Level Virtual Training
- 5:15 – 8:19 What is an on-camera presence and why is it important?
- 8:19 – 13:13 What to do if you’re not comfortable on camera
- 13:13 – 15:29 How to tweak your on-camera presence for live vs. pre-recorded video
- 15:29 – 21:21 Steps to take to get more comfortable on camera
- 21:21 – 23:34 Standing vs. sitting while on camera: which is best?
- 23:34 – 29:41 Common mistakes people make on camera
- 29:41 – 41:13 How to use the B.L.E.A.C.H method to clean up your on-camera presence
- 41:13 – 43:35 Where to find more tips from Diana
- 43:35 – 49:27 Diana’s speed round
- 49:27 – 50:32 Outro
Important links and mentions:
Learn more about the TechSmith Academy.
To read the blog post on the topic or watch the video, go to: https://www.techsmith.com/blog/improving-your-on-camera-presence/