This shares my conversation with acting Town Clerk Nancy Danello. We used a conference bridge to review the timeline and other key matters for the Franklin local election scheduled for Nov 2, 2021.
We cover the following key topics
- Candidate papers due Sep 14, Last day to withdraw Sep 30
- Ballots got to print Oct 1, Ballots available (TBD but likely by the end of the week of Oct 4)
- Early voting - (start TBD - depending upon ballots)
- in Town Clerk’s office during normal business hours
- Sat Oct 23, Sun Oct 24 - time to be confirmed
- Absentee ballot applications available now
- Election Day - Nov 2, 2021
The show notes include links to the Town Clerk page and other election information.
Our conversation runs about 19 minutes, so let’s listen in to my conversation with Nancy Danello.
Town Clerk’s page -> https://www.franklinma.gov/town-clerk
Register to vote -> https://www.sec.state.ma.us/OVR/
Election timeline -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/uploads/2021_biennial_town_election_-_important_dates.docx.pdf
Franklin Matter’s election collection for 2021 -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2021/07/franklin-election-collection-2021.html
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"