It’s time for a comprehensive history lesson in industrial automation recruiting.
We sat down in the MRG Studios in Naperville, Illinois, with Gary Miller, CEO of Miller Resource Group, an industrial recruiting firm focused on hard-to-find personnel in automation, robotics, food and beverage and more.
We’ve gotten to know a few members of the team over the years, which is why it was about time we shared a conversation with their CEO!
In the episode, Gary talks about how he was introduced to industrial automation back in the 1970s, imparts advice on hiring strategy and standing out from the crowd as a recruiter and lays out his interesting thoughts and ideas about leadership.
In this episode, find out:
- Gary’s first steps in industrial automation
- How he stepped up to own his company in the 1980s
- How to package your company story
- Behind the curtain of recruitment
- What recruiters should look for in candidates
- What candidates should look for in recruiters
- How we can take inspiration from the Grateful Dead
- Why you should adopt a learning mindset
- The books that inspire him
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “There’s things and there’s stuff. Things you count, stuff you measure.”
- "When a candidate asks me questions that makes me stumble, I’m usually intrigued by that candidate.”
- “You have to understand what the problem is. Then demonstrate how your skills can help solve that problem.”
Links & mentions:
Make sure to visit http://manufacturinghappyhour.com for detailed show notes and a full list of resources mentioned in this episode. Stay Innovative, Stay Thirsty.