In this year-end-review, we discuss the year for CTAs and short term traders, as well as the recent collapse of the Euro/Swiss Franc peg and how that affected the models of Quest Partners. Nigol discusses his goals and thoughts for 2015 and reflects on a 2014 that saw his firm start two new strategies and take in new investment.
EXCEPTIONAL RESOURCE: Find Out How to Build a Safer & Better Performing Portfolio using this FREE NEW Portfolio Builder Tool
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How Quest Partners did in 2014.
- Why fixed income was the highest contributor to his gains during the year.
- What models did well in 2014.
- What the Euro/Swiss Franc collapse can teach us about risk management.
- How do we prepare for the unthinkable?
- The details of how his models reacted to the Swiss Franc surge.
- What the highlights of 2014 were for Nigol.
- About the two hedge strategies that they started in 2014.
- How investors should insure they don’t repeat 2011 and 2012.
- How the “Black Box” of CTAs is not as mysterious as it used to be.
- What focus he is taking in 2015.
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Listen to 2 hour-long conversations with Nigol on this podcast here and here.
Follow Niels on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube or via the TTU website.
IT’s TRUE ? – most CIO’s read 50+ books each year – get your FREE copy of the Ultimate Guide to the Best Investment Books ever written here.
And you can get a free copy of my latest book “The Many Flavors of Trend Following” here.
Learn more about the Trend Barometer here.
Send your questions to email@example.com
And please share this episode with a like-minded friend and leave an honest Rating & Review on iTunes or Spotify so more people can discover the podcast.
Follow Nigol Koulajian on Linkedin.
Copyright © 2023 – CMC AG – All Rights Reserved
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 3 ways I can help you in your investment Journey:
1. eBooks that cover key topics that you need to know about
In my eBooks, I put together some key discoveries and things I have learnt during the more than 3 decades I have worked in the Trend Following industry, which I hope you will find useful. Click Here
2. Daily Trend Barometer and Market Score
One of the things I’m really proud of, is the fact that I have managed to published the Trend Barometer and Market Score each day for more than a decade...as these tools are really good at describing the environment for trend following managers as well as giving insights into the general positioning of a trend following strategy! Click Here
3. Other Resources that can help you
And if you are hungry for more useful resources from the trend following world...check out some precious resources that I have found over the years to be really valuable. Click Here