This session of the radio show shares the Town of Franklin Board of Health Meeting held on Wednesday, December 7, 2022. All three board members participated, 2 in room, 1 remote (hence roll call votes). Health Dept staff present were in the 3rd floor training room except for the inspector.
- Public hearing on proposed reflexology regulations being scheduled for Jan 4, 2023 meeting
- Admin assistant position being posted in January to extend search to external candidates
- Move from 2 times per year inspection for all food license holders to a risk based approach to begin in January. Higher risk food handling establishments would have more frequent inspections, lower risk establishments would have less. The risk ranking scale is part of what will be communicated with the establishments before January
- Capture of food waste pilot program a success at Keller-Sullivan, Channel 10 had a crew in to do a story on it, will be expanded to other schools and to Senior Center. Suggested to include Tri-County
The meeting runs about 30 minutes. Let’s listen to the Board of Health meeting Dec 7, 2022.
The agenda can be found ->
My notes collected in a Twitter thread PDF ->
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"