This session of the radio show shares the Town Council meeting held in Council Chambers on Wednesday, November 30, 2022. 7 members of the Council were present in the Council Chambers, one member remote (Pellegri) and one member absent (Dellorco), hence all votes were via roll call.
Quick summary of meeting:
- Accepted donation from Elks Riders for the Veterans Services and Veterans Fund
- Held the Tax Classification Public Hearing prior to approving the single rate at 12.58%. Overall residential assessments rose approx 17% resulting in the drop of the rate from 14.05 to 12.58. There were a series of votes to complete the formal process to set the rate for this Fiscal Year 2023
- Approval to sell the Old South Meeting House to the Habitat for Humanity to convert to a single family affordable housing was granted by the Town Council to allow the Town Administrator to complete the paperwork and actions for the transaction
- Formal approval to purchase the new kiosks to be used in the town parking lots to implement the parking bylaw changes approved in the prior meetings was granted
- The Town Council approved as amended the calendar year 2023 meeting schedule. The one change was from Apr 9 to Apr 26. The document also included the Finance Committee and Community Preservation Committee proposed meeting schedules for reference. Those groups need to respectfully approve their own schedule
- The policy to formally call out the process and approvals required for naming any public property was approved. It had been referenced many times that such a policy existed but when it was looked for it could not be found, hence this is now in place.
The recording runs about 1 hour and 50 minutes, so let’s listen to the Town Council meeting on November 30, 2022.
Meeting agenda and documents released for this session ->
Watch the Franklin.TV video replay on YouTube -> https://youtu.be/FXWkMcix63s
My notes in one threaded PDF document (one correction, on the vote for the single tax rate my notes said the no vote was cast by Chandler when it was really Sheridan. Twitter doesn’t allow for editing tweets hence this note of acknowledgment.)
My 4 key tax rate charts as discussed in this session
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"