Julia Stead is unique as a B2B SaaS CMO because she defies the stats about the average tenure of B2B SaaS marketing leaders -- Julia spent over 7 years climbing the marketing ranks at Invoca before Erica placed her as CMO at Allocadia. (In case you were wondering, the average tenure of a CMO for a technology company is under 2.5 years - in SaaS companies, it's usually lower. In Silicon Valley, the average tenure of a marketing leader is 6 to 18 months!).
In Episode 2 of The Get, Erica and Julia talk about the anatomy of a CMO search: from the perspective of both the company and the winning candidate.
- Julia shares how she rose fast in her career , and why she believes it’s important to go the distance with your employer (with secrets from her self-improvement plan!)
- What should you look for in prospective companies to see if they have the right culture of growth/ support?
- How is the CMO job different from the VP Marketing role?
- Balancing brand and demand as a CMO
- Structuring a B2B SaaS marketing team as the CMO
- Vital tips for marketers aspiring to be CMOs in B2B SaaS companies
Julia is a founding member of Women in Revenue – and tells us why it matters to women professionals in revenue marketing