You’ve launched your podcast, and you’ve got your initial base of listeners. Now it’s time to adopt a content promotion strategy to keep your show at the top of the charts and help you monetize your message. In this video, I offer tips on how to grow your podcast.
My coaching client Catherine Tanaka hosts The Body Project Podcast. She’s been producing weekly episodes for six months, and her podcast ranked 35th among new and noteworthy health and fitness shows. She asked me how to maintain momentum, create new buzz, and consistently earn top ratings.
Here’s how to grow your podcast using my content promotion strategy:
- Increase your podcast subscription numbers. Vanity metrics on downloads and reviews are nice to know; but remember, getting subscribers should be your main goal.
- Position yourself in front of your audience. Podcast listeners LOVE listening to podcasts, and their apps and Bluetooth are ready to go – you just have to attract them to YOUR show.
- Appear on other podcasts similar to your own. You’ll attract new listeners who are already excited about your subject matter.
- Post and email updates about new episodes to boost interest in podcast subscription.
- Contact your interview guests and provide them with assets they can share on their channels.
- Showcase your five best episodes across various platforms to promote widespread awareness and expand your podcast subscription base.
Now that you know how to grow your podcast and you’re armed with a content promotion strategy, go make an even greater impact. And be sure to check out Catherine’s fitness podcast – and subscribe!