Jes is an all-around HR go-getter with 10+ years in HR, recruitment, DEI, and L&D in both a full time and consulting capacity. She is currently Co-Founder of The Rise Journey, an HR strategy and organizational culture consultancy.
Her goal is to create fundamental change in People Operations. As Co-Founder and COO of The Rise Journey, she operationalizes DEIBA (diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and accessibility) strategies as part of building foundational and sustainable organizational culture. She works to empower inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible workplaces for all employees.
Jes is focused on hands-on engagement, real-world experiences, and communicating successes and struggles in personal and professional realms. Her talks and workshops are engaging, transparent, and relatable, with action-oriented takeaways. Her focus areas include: Career development, Invisible disability advocacy, Imposter syndrome, Diversity recruitment and engagement strategies, and Women in tech.
In this “Creating Inclusive Workplaces” episode with Jes Osrow on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- How do you build in DEI to all aspects, policies, and procedures to ensure an equitable business?
- What does it mean to recruit for ‘diversity’ and does it matter if your culture isn’t ready?
- When thinking about diversity in the workplace, what are some under-advocated groups?
- What are some sustainable step-by-step approaches to changing a culture for the long term, not just to ride the DEI wave?
- What are some tips on building Inclusion and belonging in the remote world?
Links highlighted in this “Creating Inclusive Workplaces” episode are included below:
Other resources mentioned:
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!