📌 Grab a copy of Lance’s book, MASTERING ADVERSITY now available on Amazon. Click the link to buy the book: Mastering Adversity Amazon
Harris Goldberg is a screenwriter and a director who enjoyed a successful film-writing career including Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo; The Master Of Disguise and Without A Paddle. After something akin to a nervous breakdown, he took a major right turn in 2006, writing the very personal and autobiographical Numb, his first feature film as director. It featured terrific casts such as Matthew Perry.
On today’s episode, Harris gave Lance a glimpse into the world of show business through his experiences. He talked about movie making and how it has evolved over time and most importantly shared his journey of working with different people including artists, writers and so on. Harris opened up about his struggles with severe anxiety and mental health issues and how he overcame them. He also recounted the movie he made with Mathew Perry which was a story about his own life and the struggles he went through.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- 01:07 Harris’ journey toward pursuing a career in the show business
- 10:50 How to know if the story you write will turn out to be successful
- 15:14 Changes in movie making from the 90s to the present day
- 19:30 How the Big Ideas are conceived while writing a movie
- 32:49 Journey of experiencing anxiety and emotional pain behind all the success
- 48:44 How to cancel the noise around you
- 01:01:39 Advice for writers, actors, and people in the show business
WANT TO SUPPORT THE WORK WE DO?
HERE ARE A FEW WAYS:
1) (FREE) SUBSCRIBE/FOLLOW THE PODCAST (YOUTUBE, APPLE, SPOTIFY, CASTBOX..ect.) AND LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
2)Take the FREE Warrior Quiz and Discover your Adversity Archetype
3)Grab a copy of Lance’s book, MASTERING ADVERSITY now available on Amazon. 👉 Click the link to buy the book: Mastering Adversity Amazon
4)Win the War Within for 2023 and Grab The Warrior Embodiment Course for $97 Grab the course here 👉 www.universityofadversity.ca/embody-the-warrior-within
👨🏻🏫Connect With Lance W Essihos:
📺Subscribe to University of Adversity:
#UniversityofAdversity #LanceEssihos #UofA #CanadianPodcasts #PersonalDevelopment #Adversity #ShowBusiness #Anxiety #Directing #Writing #Screenplay #MentalHealth