For most of our life, we always get to know what's wrong, how to fix it, and what comes next. As we hear today, that is not always the case when it comes to diseases and for many people, they live life, not knowing what's wrong or how long they have.
Our guest Kristine opens up about her story of feeling alone and a passion that came from it to find things in common within the rare disease community to help people feel they are not alone.
· What is the purpose of the Because We Are Strong podcast (0:58)
· The backstory leading up to why a podcast like this was needed (1:46)
· Dealing with life, without a diagnosis (3:00)
· How common is it to live with a disease and not know what's wrong (4:00)
· What made podcasting the best medium for this cause (6:30)
· What is missing in the podcast landscape that would have helped get started (7:30)
· What has been the impact of the podcast (9:37)
· If you just got started today, what did you need to know (11:00)
· Dealing with guess pitching (13:00)
· How did the RARE apparel clothing company fit into the strategy (15:49)
For help, resources, and community support, please join the Causepods Facebook Group if you are already producing podcasts for a cause or are thinking about launching one.
And if you would like to be a guest on Causepods, please fill out this form and schedule your chat here.
Mentioned in this episode:
In Support of Podvoices.help June 2022 Campaign
****The pre-roll you heard is in support of https://www.podvoices.help/. The opinions expressed in this ad are solely the opinions of Mathew Passy and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of co-hosts or guests that may appear on this show. If links mentioned in the ad do not appear in these shownotes, please visit podvoices.help***