Every so often on the podcast we will bring you something a little bit different.
This episode is part two of our conversation with Esports Legends TLO & MaNa. They are professional Starcraft II players and they tell us the story of what it was like to compete against Google DeepMinds AlphaStar AI agent.
This is a fascinating discussion about the technical capability of AI agents and about the psychology involved when Humans take on the machines.
- The live event Rematch against AlphaStar
- The game plan for the rematch
- Trying to match AlphaStar
- The importance of the human aspect to the future of Starcraft II
- What TLO & MaNa learned from AlphaStar
- The importance of human intervention to prevent mistakes from the AI
- What impact could AlphaStar have on improving Esports players?
- Did AlphaStar Show any signs of being able to improvise?
- Mistakes AlphaStar made
- Why limiting the abilities of an AI might make it smarter
- Can AI develop intuition in the future?
Deepmind Alphastar Videos:
TLO Profile: - https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/TLO
MaNa Profile: - https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/MaNa