Today’s show is about building an online directory, which is hugely relevant to every clinician. Whether you’ve used an online directory to refer clients or thought about creating a directory to help other clinicians and clients, you know that it is a valuable resource that makes it easier to find a therapist who can help with very specific needs. Join us to learn more!
Our Featured Guest
Laura Reagan, LCSW-C
Laura Reagan is a clinical social worker and integrative trauma specialist in Maryland who had the idea to create a directory for trauma therapists, Trauma Therapist Network. She’s a trauma survivor who has specifically worked around trauma for the past 19 years. Through her years of experience, she has learned a lot about the nuances of trauma therapy, the services available, and what services are lacking. Laura gives us a behind-the-scenes look at how her idea for the directory evolved, the logical steps in the creation process, and the helpful resources that are available in creating an online directory. We wrap up today’s conversation with a look at what has gone well in Laura’s process and the things that are being constantly tweaked along the way.
● How Laura got the idea to create an online directory of trauma therapists
● How Laura saw the need and made the leap to create the online directory
● How the directory helps people find the specific therapy focus that aligns with their trauma
● How the directory goes beyond finding a therapist but also helps inform and educate people about trauma and its effects
● The first steps Laura took to take the online directory from an idea to reality
● Why Laura was willing to make the intentional commitment of time, effort, and money (lots of money!) to make the directory a thoroughly usable resource that helps people feel safe, hopeful, and reassured
● How Laura conveys the important message through the directory that trauma doesn’t define a person and that there is hope to improve and make a better life
● Why Laura had to allow herself to receive help and support in the development process
● How creating the directory has been similar to giving birth to a child and watching it grow and develop into what it was meant to be
Zynnyme was founded in 2010 by therapists and private practice owners, Kelly Higdon and Miranda Palmer. Kelly and Miranda have become good friends of mine who have helped me immensely on my business journey + they've helped over 50k of our colleagues.
I credit their Business School Boot Camp for helping build the business and life that I imagined. Their values align with mine in helping clients build valuable and gratifying businesses while living healthy, happy, and sustainable lives.
Check out their website for a wealth of resources and services + sign up for a free 4 day, live private practice marketing masterclass they're putting together to help us establish a private practice with the best outcomes and income at sellingthecouch.com/zynnyme
RESOURCES TO GUIDE YOUR BUSINESS JOURNEY
Disclosures: Please note that all opinions are my own and based on my personal experience. Sponsors are acknowledged. Some links in the description are affiliate links where if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I use these funds to continue to create helpful content to serve our field. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
MY FREE ONLINE WORKSHOPS (These Can Be Watched At A Date/Time That Works For You):
💻 Online Course School (A course to create, sell, and grow a successful online course): COMING IN 2022 (please feel free to download the online guide course above and I can keep you updated as I'm trying to build this with ample input and care including a chance to work 1 on 1 with me!):
Since 2015, I've hosted a weekly podcast where I interview successful therapists in private practice and other business owners to help us grow our impact + income in and beyond the therapy room.
The podcast has been downloaded over 1.2 million times and is heard in over 140 countries.
You can find also it by searching “Selling The Couch” on any podcast app (eg: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify etc) or simply saying "Alexa, listen to Selling The Couch" on your Amazon device. =