Welcome to FRESH Takes on the future of work where we focus on fresh perspectives, from business and HR leaders about the future of work. FRESH is an acronym: Freedom, Resourcefulness, Empathy, Simplicity and Happiness. These values are core to operating in the future of work and we tie back to these while exploring interesting stories and actionable ideas.
Our guest today is Catherine Bird, Chief Administrative and Diversity Officer at Health Partners Plans (HPP). In her role, Cat is responsible for human resources, learning & development, and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts across the company. Cat is also a certified life coach for female leaders, an avid runner, and mom to 2 girls with twins on the way. Cat is the type of leader you hope to work for, and aspire to be.
Let's get FRESH.
Guests answer the following questions:
1. How do you define the future of work?
2. Let’s dream big for a moment, so assume you can snap your fingers and it’s real, what’s one thing you personally want to see change about work / life?
3. As for FRESH takes (freedom, resourcefulness, empathy, simplicity, happiness), which area do you see as most pressing right now, as we look at the future of work and the evolving employer / employee dynamic?
4. How do you think Managers, the people leading people, can best navigate the months ahead?
5. What's one company you admire for their FRESH take?