Travis Ortmayer is a renowned Strong Man competitor with over two decades of experience in the sport. He stumbled into Strong Man by accident, accompanying a friend to a competition and being convinced to compete just the night before. From there, he found a passion that would change his life forever. Along the way, Travis has faced his fair share of challenges and setbacks, but he has emerged stronger and wiser from each one. Despite the bumps in the road, he wouldn't trade his life for anything and delights in the fact that he has achieved feats that nobody else has. Through it all, Travis Ortmayer remains a beloved figure in the Strong Man world and an inspiration to all who aspire to be stronger and better versions of themselves.
Help us fight censorship! Get immediate access to exclusive and censorship free content by donation or free by becoming a member here
All Social Links here 👉 http://linktr.ee/mattbelair
Travis's Website: https://www.texasstoneman.com/
✅ Join our community and get cutting edge tips and tools for human optimization, health, wellness, and personal development 👉http://www.mattbelair.com
✅ Support the show for as little as $1 PayPal https://bit.ly/mattbelair 🎉🙌
✅ Download a free "How to Lucid Dream Book" 📚and hypnotic http://linktr.ee/mattbelair
✅ Share this episode if you loved it and help spread the vibe! ❤️🐝
✅ End Self Sabotage, Overwhelm and Victim Mentality and Experience Authentic Empowerment with the Soul Compass Online Program Free for all Academy members!
🌟 Subscribe 💫
1. Introduction of the Travis's Strongman Accomplishments:
- First man to ever load a 500 pound Atlas Stone onto a four-foot platform
- Held several world records for Atlas Stones and the Axle lift
- Set the Circus Dumbbell world record at the Arnold competition with 242 pounds for three reps
- Other individuals have since broken some of his records, including Poundstone who broke his Circus Dumbbell record two minutes later
- Lastly, he carried a 400 pound stone during an event
2. Insights From Travis's Life Journey and Turning Point:
- Travis' passion for weightlifting started at age 11, competed professionally in strongman competitions until his ankle injury
- Taking painkillers, becoming burned out in 2012
- His wife and son left for England, which caused him intense emotional pain, ultimately leading him to try crystal meth
- Losing everything including family, friends, job, and money.
- Travis shares his story to help others avoid making the same mistakes they did.
- Importance of failure and acceptance of it as a gift
- Striving for improvement and achieving it with time and persistence
- It's possible to make a course correction and get back on track
- Importance of establishing strength in the body as a means of accessing strength in the mind and spirit
- People may doubt or discourage your goals, but that shouldn't stop you from pursuing them.
Insights on Overcoming Negative Loops and Personal Growth:
- the negative loop and the importance of learning to cut it off and become aware of patterns
Conversation About Martial Arts and Masculinity:
- The belief that as a martial artist, there is a responsibility to step in and prevent harm when possible
- why "no" is important, and if something is messed up, people need to speak up and say "no" to prevent it from continuing
- Importance of competition and masculinity when used in the right way to protect families and address issues without being confrontational
If you like the show please share, do an act of kindness, and become a patron here http://www.patreon.com/mattbelair THANK YOU!
May Love, Joy, Passion, Peace, and Prosperity fill your life! Namaste 🙏
👉 For top rated video podcast, coaching,
speaking, media and consulting inquiries contact me.
📧 - Email Me: Matt@ZenAthlete.com
📝 - Contact Me: https://mattbelair.com/contact/
Follow Social Media
➤ : - Telegram: https://t.me/mattbelair
➤ : - Instagram: @matt.belair
➤ : - MeWe: https://mewe.com/p/mastermindbodyspir...
™Matthew Belair - OFFICIAL