Special Show: Habs Lose Kotkaniemi to Carolina, Trade for Dvorak
- In this special bonus edition of the Canadiens Connection podcast, Rick Stephens and Amy Johnson discuss a momentous day for the Montreal Canadiens. Marc Bergevin announced the team's decision not to match the offer sheet tendered by the Carolina Hurricanes to restricted free agent Jesperi Kotkaniemi.
- As a result Kotkaniemi is now a member of the Carolina Hurricanes signed to a one-year contract worth $6.1 million. The Canadiens received a first and third-round pick in the 2022 NHL Entry Draft from the Hurricanes in compensation.
- Bergevin then traded a first and second round pick to the Arizona Coyotes for 25-year-old forward Christian Dvorak.
- Our hosts discussed the impact on the Canadiens and Kotkaniemi.
- This conversation is a supplement to the full Canadiens Connection episode 153 | The Offer Sheet. Be sure to check it out.
Canadiens Connection on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with Amy Johnson (@FlyersRule) and Chris G (@ChrisHabs360). This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Share the Canadiens Connection on social media. And we would be grateful for your 5-star rating for the podcast!