This session of the radio show shares the Town Council meeting held in Council Chambers on Wednesday, January 4, 2023. All 9 members of the Council were present in the Council Chambers.
- Franklin Panthers 4th grade football team recognized for winning the State Championship
- Video and info shared on the 2 National Register Historic Districts in Franklin that was prepared by Vicki Earls, Franklin Public Library
- Town Council Goals Update in the middle of this two year term was provided by Jamie Hellen, Town Administrator
- Renewal of Municipal agreement with Tri-County for school resource officer
- Ratification of 3 contract adjustments with Police (2) and Fire (1)
- Authorize formation of four committees
- Arts & Culture
- Master Plan
- Police Station
- Davis Thayer reuse
The recording runs just over 2 hours. Let’s listen to the Town Council meeting on January 4, 2023.
Meeting agenda and documents released for this session ->
The National Register Historic Districts presentation -> https://youtu.be/KdGHozDRa1E
Watch the Franklin.TV video replay on YouTube -> https://youtu.be/N-WomocGBlc
My notes in one threaded PDF document -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iIH7JAlnlgN69HDkUYIS-3U44pUSUW15/view?usp=share_link
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"