This episode is about the world of book marketing and how authors build their platforms. Becky is joined by Nancy Sheed—Social Media Marketing and Communications Consultant—who discusses her experience and career as a book marketer, what book marketing means to authors, and how to create sustainable, realistic book marketing approaches that lead to long-term success.
During the episode, Nancy shares:
- About herself and her work in the world
- Her experience working with bestselling author Laura Vanderkam
- How she defines the work she does
- When she would ideally start working with authors to build their online presence
- How she talks authors through the idea that marketing a book is harder than they expect
- Some ways that authors can prepare to promote their books
- How the world of book marketing has changed over the last 10+ years
- What excites her the most about the book marketing industry
- One of the most successful approaches to book marketing that she has seen in her career
For our show notes, including action steps and resources, visit: weavinginfluence.com/podcast/episode-107-book-marketing-platform-building
Click here to download our new, free resource, Spend This First, AND explore our ebook, Publishing & Marketing Timelines, about how the publishing process overlaps with marketing priorities.
Please feel free to send a message to Becky at email@example.com to share your thoughts!