On today's episode of the Passive Wealth Principles Podcast, Jake Harris interviews Chris Seveney, the CEO & Founder of 7e Investments. Chris is a real estate professional with over 25 years of experience. He has a successful track record in building multimillion-dollar portfolios through property construction and rehabilitation.
Since 2016, Chris has focused on investing in mortgage notes, acquiring over 500 notes valued at over $25 million across forty states. He holds a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute and a Masters in Real Estate Finance from Georgetown University. Chris is known for his honesty, integrity, and professionalism in the industry. He hosts the podcast Creating Wealth Simplified and is a top-ranked contributor on the site Bigger Pockets.
During the episode, Jake and Chris delve into the intriguing world of note buying. They discuss the advantages of note investing, particularly its passive nature and the potential for generating steady income.
Chris shares stories of both successful ventures and challenges he has faced in the note-buying space. They explore instances of scams related to the foreclosure process and note buying, including a case involving a former professional athlete.
The conversation concludes with a focus on the nitty-gritty details of Chris's approach to working with distressed notes, turning them into performing assets and adding value for investors.
What You’ll Learn in this Show:
- How note-buying aligns with a more passive investing lifestyle compared to other real estate ventures
- The challenges of owning properties
- The potential for both active and passive involvement in note buying
- Building a strong team is crucial in the note-buying business
- Investing in systems and software is important for scalability and efficiency.
- A crazy note-buying story involving scammers and attorneys.
- And so much more...
Podcast: Creating Wealth Simplified
The 6 Types of Working Genius: A Better Way to Understand Your Gifts, Your Frustrations, and Your Team