Dr. Ellen Vora is a holistic psychiatrist, acupuncturist, and yoga teacher. She takes a functional medicine approach to mental health, considering the whole person and addressing imbalance at the root. Dr. Vora received her BA from Yale University and her MD from Columbia University. She's board-certified in psychiatric and integrative holistic medicine. Her newly released book, the anatomy of anxiety explores how anxiety manifests in the body and mind, and how we can overcome it. We talk about taking a holistic approach to mental health, the simple dietary changes you can make to start seeing improvements, and the downside to some popular beverages.
You will learn about...
- Ellen’s journey into holistic medicine
- The changes Ellen made to heal herself
- How to see yourself as capable of positive thinking
- Being able to put up personal barriers
- Whether or not we should be self-diagnosing
- True anxiety vs false anxiety
- The releasing power of crying
- Conscious caffeine and alcohol consumption
- Supporting healthy GABA levels
- Managing anxiety around community
- Stabilizing your blood sugar
Connect with Kelly:
Be Well By Kelly is a production of Crate Media
Mentioned in this episode:
Be Well Protein Powder
Grass-fed protein powder with organic monkfruit extract, organic cacao & vanilla, and NOTHING else. Get $5 off your order at bewellbykelly.com with promo code 'PODCAST5'.