Branch 251 is a bi-weekly podcast, covering the world’s first criminal trial dealing with atrocity crimes committed by Syrian officials: the Al-Khatib Trial in Koblenz, Germany. It features portraits of the main protagonists, commentary, analysis, and testimony from the courtroom as well as essential background information to explain the context of the trial. Branch 251 is especially committed to amplifying the voices of victims and their families looking for justice, and to contributing to essential outreach to affected communities. You can find a recent episode here and a list of all the episodes here.
We are currently looking for a Syrian content contributor and co-host for our second season. Someone who is passionate about justice for Syria, who loves telling stories and who likes to work together creatively in a team.
If you would like to
· Co-host episodes,
· Contribute to script, content and structure,
· Offer feedback and perspective to script, content and structure,
· Pitch stories,
· Possibly help develop, produce and co-host Arabic content, and
· Participate in weekly team meetings and brainstorms.
And if you are
· From Syria,
· Someone who knows and cares about the topic of justice and accountability for Syria,
· A team player who likes to give and receive honest and creative feedback,
· Passionate about podcasts,
· A compelling voice, literally and figuratively, in English and in Arabic,
· Experienced in the field of (audio-) journalism (a plus),
· Independent, reliable and dedicated, and
· Excited to join a young and dynamic team with space to grow,
then we invite you to read on and consider applying! We especially encourage women to apply.
This is a paid position on a part-time basis (approx. 10 hours a week). Our team works together remotely, from Berlin and Paris. While presence in one of these two cities is a plus, your location can be flexible. Our schedule works according to the CEST time zone.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter as well as an answer to the following question:
Pitch us one story about Koblenz/Syria. Tell us who you would want to interview for the story, and tell us why it’s interesting to you.
This posting will close at 11:00 PM CEST on Sunday, 1 November 2020.
If you think we are looking for you, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Logo design by laurenshebly.nl -- Photo by James Lawler Duggan/AFP/Getty Images.