We are faced with comparisons on a constant basis. “That looks better than what I have.” This is a deception that divides and is deadly to relationships.
• We are faced with comparisons daily.
• We are tempted by comparisons.
• We have to come back to real life.
• We have to see through the deception.
• It is all about loving one another.
• Take the victory over that situation.
• God’s grace over our mistakes comes with forgiveness.
• Relationships have to have God at the base of that relationship.
Genesis 1:5, 6
5. For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.
6. When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.
12. Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned.
7. “Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!
2 Samuel 11:1b,2, 4a, 15
1b. But David stayed at Jerusalem.
2. Now when evening came David arose from his bed and walked around on the roof of the king’s house, and from the roof he saw a woman bathing; and the woman was very beautiful in appearance.
4a. David sent messengers and took her, and when she came to him, he lay with her;
15. He had written in the letter, saying, “Place Uriah in the front line of the fiercest battle and withdraw from him, so that he may be struck down and die.”
Acts 13 :22
22. After He had removed him, He raised up David to be their king, concerning whom He also testified and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My heart, who will do all My will.’
Judges 14:3, 7
3. Then his father and his mother said to him, “Is there no woman among the daughters of your relatives, or among all our people, that you go to take a wife from the uncircumcised Philistines?” But Samson said to his father, “Get her for me, for she looks good to me.”
7. So he went down and talked to the woman; and she looked good to Samson.
1. Now Samson went to Gaza and saw a harlot there, and went in to her.
Acts 9:3-6, 17
3. As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him;
4. and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
5. And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting,
6. But get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do.”
17. So Ananias departed and entered the house, and after laying his hands on him said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”
13. For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14. in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
1. “Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
Galatians 5:22, 23
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23. gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
12. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
1John 5:7, 8
7. For there are three that testify:
8. the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
Take a ways: