Ally Bigwood, joins me to talk about his school business leadership journey, the value of CPD and what it’s really like to be a School Business Manager!
The episode at a glance:
[1:36] – Ally talks us through his journey from Accounting Technician to SBM
[6:06] – Ally discusses how he discovered the role of SBM
[11:36] – Ally explains the transition from working in a SAT to working in a MAT
[15:27] – Ally talks us through his CPD journey and the impact it has had on his career progression
[21:22] – Ally discusses his experience with the Level 7 SBM qualification and why he thoroughly recommends it
[25:21] – Ally talks about different types of CPD beyond qualifications
[27:26] – Ally talks about the next steps on his CPD journey and the different options he is considering
[37:40] – Ally talks about what life is really like as a School Business Manager
[39:51] – Ally shares his advice for Aspiring School Business Managers
- Follow Ally on Twitter
If you’re a School Business Leader:
- PODCAST: How to hit the ground running without a handover
- PODCAST: Why there’s no such thing as a normal path to SBL
- DOWNLOAD: New SBM Checklist
- DOWNLOAD: CPD Menu
- BLOG: Get creative with CPD
Want to be a guest on the podcast?
Click here to leave me your details and I'll be in touch soon!
· If you haven’t already, make sure you hit subscribe in your podcast player so you don’t miss out on future episodes!
· Or click here if it’s easier!
Get in touch:
You know I love to hear from you so please pop me an email or get in touch on social media to let me know what you think of the show and what you’d like to see in the future!
You can find Laura here…
- Website, Blog & Free Resources