In the episode, Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by COO & Co-founder at Cocoon, Lauren Dai! Cocoon is a business founded by three powerhouse women focused entirely on reimagining employee leave management. In this episode, we discuss how to make employee leave easy and how doing so can significantly impact employee retention in the wake of the Great Resignation.
Employee leave benefits are complicated, and Cocoon was founded to bring clarity and simplicity to both the employer and employee experience.
The platform is designed for any type of employee leave, and in 2021, it raised $20 million in Series A funding; the platform has collected a rich set of data about how employees are using their leave benefits and what they are taking it for to create insights for employers to understand how better to craft their benefits going forward.
With the process of attracting and retaining talent a top priority for organizations worldwide, today we will find out more about why innovative, employee-focused policies regarding employee leave benefits are now making the limelight – especially now as we experience the “Great Resignation”.
So let's find out more!
In this “Retention in the time of the Great Resignation” episode with Lauren Dai on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- Why you and your co-founders built Cocoon?
- How should HR departments be reacting to The Great Resignation?
- In the research you have conducted, what are companies doing to help retain talent?
- How has the global move towards remote and hybrid working impacted how companies assess or consider benefits?
- What are the trends that you are seeing across your customers?
- When in an employee’s life cycle is the most critical time for HR to "get it right"?
- Cocoon is a platform that helps employees to design their leave in minutes, from compliance to payroll and everything in between. Tell us more about the platform.
- What are the best people leaders doing to prepare their companies to be well positioned one year from now?
- What characteristics make a great leader in this new world of work?
Links highlighted in this “Retention in the time of the Great Resignation” episode are included below:
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support – please also get in touch with me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!