This episode focuses on how authors can seek sponsorships from corporations. Becky is joined by Stephanie Chandler–Founder and CEO of the Nonfiction Authors Association and Writers Conference–who provides an in-depth explanation of what sponsorships are, how authors can find sponsors, the kind of services that sponsors will pay for, and how to decide if a sponsor is the right fit.
During the episode, Stephanie shares:
- About herself, her work, and her books.
- Why organizations want to sponsor authors.
- How big an author’s platform or audience needs to be in order to attract a sponsor.
- The range of activities that sponsors will pay for authors to do.
- Her advice for how authors should sift through companies that approach them for sponsorships.
- How an author can successfully attract sponsorships by reaching out to organizations.
- Some real-world examples of sponsor agreements that she is familiar with.
- The range of fees that a sponsor will pay for an author agreement.
- Advice for deciding whether or not a sponsor is the right fit.
- How PR firms can be helpful for attracting sponsors.
- What should be included in a sponsor pitch and how long it should be.
- Her suggestions for the subject line of emails that contain an author’s sponsor pitch.
- The increased revenue someone can expect if they start to seek out sponsorships.
- Her final thoughts about authors and sponsorships.
For our show notes, including action steps and resources, visit: https://weavinginfluence.com/podcast/episode-96-sponsorships-with-stephanie-chandler/
Please feel free to send a message to Becky at email@example.com to share your thoughts!