We understand that social security isn’t the most exciting topic to talk about or listen to, but some questions need answers.
In this episode of the Secure Your Retirement podcast, we answer 3 major questions on social security over a glass of Rosé wine. We talk about social security benefits, taxes, and the right time to take social security.
Listen in to learn why you need an individual financial plan that dictates the right time to take social security rather than waiting until age 70.
In this episode, find out:
● How to know what your social security benefits will be through the ssa.gov website.
● The process of applying for social security once you know when to take it.
● Understanding how spousal benefits work in social security.
● The current youngest age that you can take your social security benefits.
● The things to consider when taking social security early to avoid penalties.
● The importance of having an advisor to help you think through the tax side of social security.
● Why it is subjective when it comes to the right time to take your social security.
● “When you know when you want to apply for social security, you want to apply 3 months before.”- Murs Tariq
● “If you’re taking social security, don’t think that it’s tax-free and you want to make sure that you run an analysis and you’re working with an advisor to help you think through tax.”- Radon Stancil
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.