Food Apps for Runners - A Review
Do you use a food App to log and track your food intake for your run training? Or maybe you have been thinking of introducing one to help monitor your macro intake for body composition or muscle development or just to ensure you are eating enough for your run training.
There are so many Food Apps on the market these days that it can be difficult decide which one to use or, indeed, if you need to use one at all!! To help you make the correct decision we:
An introduction to the Food Apps Karen and Aileen use and what role these Apps play in supporting their nutrition and run training
Introducing and reviewing My Fitness Pal (MFP) and giving an outline of the services it gives its users including:
Moving on to focus on NOOM and the services it provides to consumers including:
Discussing the ATE App and its approach to logging daily food intake. The services it provides to customers include:
Delving into the reasons why a runner may utilise a food app to support their health and running. The reasons for a runner using one of these apps will depend on their individual health and running goals but may include:
Considering some of the potential drawbacks to using a Food App to log daily food intake including:
1) There is a plethora of Food Apps on the market all advertising that they can help you reach your weight, health and/or training goals…BUT which one is right for you? Are any of them the correct approach for your health and training goals? A question to ask yourself and reflect upon before introducing one into your routine
2) When choosing one, make sure you KNOW what you want it to do for you For example: are you looking at body composition only? Are you wanting to eat more mindfully to support physical and emotional health? Are you willing to pay for the services?
3) Compare different Apps before making a choice – carry out a review just as we have done today to help you make the correct decision
4) They can be a great tool to monitor progress when working towards a personal goal – be it in your approach to eating or your sports performance. They can help keep you motivated and inspired to reach that goal
5) BUT…they could have drawbacks too including:
6) Finally, remember, Food APPS may not be useful or appropriate for some people and we don’t recommend them for anyone who may suffer from, or has suffered in the past from, any form of disordered eating or an eating disorder. We recommend you seek medical support and liaise with a professional regarding your health and wellbeing
The suggestions we make during this episode are for guidance and
advice only, and are not a substitute for medical advice or treatment.
If you have any concerns regarding your health, please contact
your healthcare professional for advice as soon as possible.
Aileen Smith and Karen Campbell host RUNNERS HEALTH HUB. A place for like-minded female runners who are looking for simple ways to support running performance, energy, endurance, and general great health.
if this is your first time your show and you’d like to know more about us and She Runs Eats Performs please check out our TRAILER.
If you're ready to make learn more about how you may introduce easy nutrition into your running and training plan join our Easy Nutrition For Healthy Runners Online Programme for short videos, recipes, downloads and LIVE training and Q&A.
As a THANK YOU to you as one of our valued listeners, we have a special offer for you use COUPON CODE POD to get 33% discount off the full price which brings the price to £199.
If you’d like help from Karen and Aileen to design a personalised sports nutrition plan for your running - please contact us at email@example.com
Aileen and Karen