Episode 87: 8 Legally Protectable Parts of a Blog and Reasons to Copyright Your Website
Welcome to episode eighty-seven of the Cocktails & Content Creation Podcast! For this episode, we’re going to talk about the 8 legally protectable parts of a blog and reasons to copyright your website with Maria Spear Ollis of Spear IP.
In our eighty-seventh episode you’ll learn:
- Where on your website you can protect your blog from copyright infringement
- How to copyright materials
- What elements are protectable
- What sorts of content may not be protectable
- The difference between registering for a trademark or copyright vs just having a trademark
- Why registering a trademark for certain parts of your brand can protect you down the road
About our Guest:
Maria Spear Ollis is an attorney bringing peace of mind to content creators and online brands when it comes to IP protection, contracts, and internet law. Her goal is to help her clients before “it” hits the fan so that if setbacks happen, they’ll bounce back faster. When Maria isn’t hammering away at a copyright issue or recording a YouTube video, you can catch her dancing to Motown hits with her two sons, cooking with her husband, learning about herbs and medicinal plants, or hollering at her dog to get down from the couch.
Thanks for Listening!
Join our Facebook Community for more tips and tricks on how to easily create content and chat with other content creators! And make sure to follow our Instagram.
Links & Resources:
Until next time, cheers to your next cocktail and happy content creating!
Kate & Jessie
Hosts of “The Cocktails and Content Creation Podcast”