Looking for a positive during this current negative high-interest rate market? How about looking into fixed index annuities? We’re experiencing the best interest rates environment that we have witnessed in the fixed annuities arena in over ten years.
A fixed index annuity is an insurance product that acts as a bond alternative with a protected principle by the insurance company. Annuities are even more attractive today than ever as markets, including the typically safe bond market, turn volatile.
In this episode of the Secure Your Retirement podcast, we discuss fixed index annuities and why they’re the best bond alternatives in the current volatile market. Listen in to learn the primary reasons why someone would consider a fixed index annuity in their retirement plan.
In this episode, find out:
- Fixed index annuity – the bond alternative that offsets the equity side of the market.
- A fixed annuity can provide a lifetime income similar to a pension.
- A point-to-point method – how to calculate a fixed annuity interest from beginning to end.
- How a fixed annuity protects you from downside loss of principle.
- Why the fixed index annuity is a more attractive alternative to bonds in the next ten years.
- The surrender charge schedule – the time you commit your money to an insurance company.
- Understanding what it means to have money in a fixed index annuity from a restrictive point of view.
- “The bond side of the market, which is supposed to be our safety net, is very volatile.”- Murs Tariq
- “If the fixed index annuity is down, you don’t make any money, but you also don’t lose any money.”- Radon Stancil
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!
To access the course, simply visit POMWealth.net/podcast.