Have you ever sacrificed your family time, your health, or your spiritual life, for your career? Today you’re going to hear about someone who fell into that trap: John Lamerton thought that getting everything he wanted required adding more things into his world, and as a result he ended up working 100 hours a week and sacrificing time with his family – until he got a massive wake-up call in the form of a newborn son. You’re going to discover what led to John’s mindset shift, and how subtracting, simplifying, and focusing allowed him to go from working 100-hour weeks to 25-hour weeks – all while making more money, experiencing less stress, and spending more time with his family.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Our biggest takeaway from this episode is doing less – not more. Sometimes, the things you like doing, and even the things that make you feel productive (or maybe just busy), aren’t the things that are going to make you effective – and they detract from the ONE thing that actually matters most. What can you do, today, to get more clarity on the things that you’re currently saying yes to that you should consider saying no to? And are you willing to block out time on your calendar to figure it out – possibly even saying NO to something less important in the process?
In this episode you will learn...
- [7:10] How you can cut hours from your work week (while getting more done).
- [13:00] How you can start intentionally choosing power habits and stop accidentally falling into habits.
- [22:15] ONE thing you can do every day to reshape the story you tell yourself about your identity.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- Check out our awesome blog!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Big Ideas... For Small Businesses: Simple, Practical Tools and Tactics to Help Your Small Business Grow by John Lamerton
- Connect with John: Facebook | LinkedIn
The ONE Thing is five years old – and we’re celebrating with a GIVEAWAY! To celebrate The ONE Thing’s 5th birthday, we’re giving away over $17,000 in prizes! And when you enter the giveaway at The1Thing.com/giveaway, you will automatically join the community that we work with as we write our next book and create The ONE Thing Planner. For a chance to win over $17,000 in prizes, go to the1thing.com/giveaway and enter your email! Don’t wait – the contest is only live until the end of April.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters