Your net worth does not equal your self-worth.
It sure does feel like that sometimes though, doesn’t it? Money is a hard topic for most of us to discuss, but that doesn’t mean we should just ignore it completely. I spoke with my friend and colleague Jelisha Gatling (LMFT), founder of Let’s Unpack Therapy about money, relationships, and how we as individuals relate to money.
She actually just released a course about this very topic called Money, Mindset, and Marriage.
I honestly forgot we were recording a podcast while she and I were working on this episode. I learned so much, and there were so many ‘aha’ moments. Especially around money scripts…but more on that later.
What You’ll Learn
- What financial infidelity is and how it can impact your relationships
- Shame, guilt, and scarcity and how it relates to money
- How gender norms, our childhoods, etc. can impact our view on money
- Money and intergenerational trauma
- The four money scripts and what they mean
- How to set healthy boundaries around money with those around you
- How ‘Let me think about it’ is one of the most powerful sentences you can use
Podcast Resources For Relationships And Money Struggles
Full Show Notes