If you're newly divorced or have been divorced for a while, reentering the dating scene may seem impossible. In this episode, Deanna is joined by her husband Scott, who opens up about his experience when he was a newly divorced dad. He talks about how he navigated the process of co-parenting, dating as a single dad, and how he found love again. Scott and Deanna also share how they've been able to create a happy and healthy relationship for their family.
Scott's honest and candid perspective is sure to give you a fresh perspective on dating as a single parent. So if you're ready to start dating again, or are just curious about how it works, this episode is a must-listen!
- [01:45] - Meet Deanna’s husband, Scott
- [03:12] - The adjustment period after divorce
- [04:01] - The importance of co-parenting and normalcy for the kids
- [06:44] - Should you stay in the marriage for the sake of your children or because you feel lonely?
- [08:29] - Tips on child schedule organization when you're divorced
- [10:03] - Having a social life and dating as a newly divorced dad
- [17:08] - A quality Deanna recommends you should look for in a partner
- [19:05] - Why you need to consider who you date before they become a future stepparent
- [25:51] - Being a stepparent to older kids
- [27:30] - Having "the talk" with your kids about who you're dating
- [34:33] - The question to ask yourself when you start dating again
- [37:58] - Deanna asks Scott one final, heartfelt question about what it means to be a father
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.