This session shares the Franklin, MA School Committee meeting held on Tuesday, March 21, 2023. The meeting was conducted in the Council Chambers with all seven members present.
School Committee Chair Denise Spencer opens the meeting at 7:02 PM.
Key items on the agenda
- Recognition of several FHS studnets
- Parmenter Elementary update & presentation
- Superintendent's recommended budget for FY 2024
The show notes contain a link to the full agenda and to my notes & photos captured via Twitter during the meeting.
The Committee entered Executive Session on a negotiation discussion and did return to public meeting. I did not capture that portion of the meeting.
The recording runs about three hours, thirty four minutes, so let’s listen to the Franklin School Committee on March 21, 2023.
I split the audio into two sections
- #963 - Part 1 - covers the opening of meeting, FHS student recognitions, Parmenter presentation (less the musical audio segment - approx. 5 minutes), and then the closing of the meeting after the budget presentation (net of 1 hour and 25 minutes)
- #964 - Part 2 - the entirety of the budget presentation (2 hours)
School Committee page -> https://www.franklinps.net/district/school-committee
The agenda for this meeting can be found
The Packet folder contains the documents released for this meeting.
My notes captured via Twitter and compiled into one PDF doc ->
YouTube video link for this meeting -> (to be available after the copyrighted music section is edited out)
Presentation documents now available:
Photos from the meeting (mostly screen shots of the presentations not yet posted to the packet folder)
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"