If you’ve had a standoff with perfectionism in starting something new, you’ll want to join us for this coaching call in today’s session. Like most clinicians who are branching out with an online course, my guest is struggling with her fears about this new endeavor and whether she will get it right. Join us to hear the conversation.
Our Featured Guest for today’s coaching call
Katie Lear, LCMHC, RPT, RDT
Katie Lear is a therapist in solo private practice near Charlotte, NC. She was part of the Online Course School Live Cohort, and she’s part of the Online Course School Mastermind this year. She is preparing for the beta group launch of her course, and her next step will be to record the digital version. This process gives a chance to collect feedback from beta students on the lessons and modules before creating the digital version. Join us for this open and honest conversation around fear and perfectionism.
- A look at how Katie arrived at her private practice niche working with preteens and tweens around anxiety and OCD symptoms
- Why Katie decided to jump into the online course world
- How an online course income stream helps clinicians build a balanced life outside their career, have more time and capacity for family, and utilize another way to reach clients
- The starting point for content in Katie’s course: teaching about coping skills
- How Katie is looking to incorporate a playful element into her course
- How Katie is dealing with “blank-page syndrome” in creating her course slides
- Tips for Katie in distilling and refining the content for her course
- Why heart and intent matter more in an online course than “Hollywood-level” production
- Why there is great value in teaching with the structure of three tips, three steps, and common mistakes
Mentioned in this episode:
We'd LOVE To Partner With You!
➡️ Want to launch your online course?
Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/coursekit
➡️ Looking to launch a successful podcast?
Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists:
If you like what you hear, subscribe to the show!
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to the show where ever you listen to your podcast. This will keep you up to date on all the latest releases and news going on in the STC world!