Dr. Kara Fitzgerald is on a mission to transform the global healthcare model towards one that is focused on a functional medicine approach to disease prevention and optimal wellness.
For the longest time we’ve praised people for having “good genes,” assuming that their factors of health and longevity are beyond our control. But recent studies are showing that our genes are not our destiny. Science is showing that now, more than ever before, we have control over our own longevity.
In this episode, Dr. Kara shares the cutting-edge research that shows how food, exercise, and mental health can physically slow down (and even reverse) aging, and how those changes are more than skin-deep – they carry all the way through to our DNA.
You will learn about...
- Optimizing genetic expression
- Genetic mutations, BRACA proteins and how we live our software
- Defining epigenetics
- DNA methylation efficiency
- Aging is a huge risk factor for diseases
- Biological age vs chronological age
- The diet that supports epigenetic health and the ones that disrupt our genes
- The importance of the whole food matrix
- Activities for genetic health
Connect with Kelly:
Be Well By Kelly is a production of Crate Media
Mentioned in this episode:
Be Well Protein Powder
Grass-fed protein powder with organic monkfruit extract, organic cacao & vanilla, and NOTHING else. Get $5 off your order at bewellbykelly.com with promo code 'PODCAST5'.