#66: THAT is Nir Eyal, one of my favorite persons in the world!
Nir Eyal, guides readers on a journey from being distracted to becoming super efficient through his books, Hooked and Indistractable.
His career journey wound through teaching psychology and habit-forming technology at Stanford Design School and Stanford Graudate Business, into becoming an author. This journey has taken him to amazing places with extraordinary people, having hundreds of interviews with top level executives to find out how they manage their time and allowed them the opportunity to get to where they are today. This brought him to the conclusion that we can all be at the top of our game if we want it and are willing to change how we work.
In his own words,
· I know what it’s like to be distracted and not give my family my full attention.
· I can relate to feeling bored or tired.
Now, let’s chat with Nir!
Key Lessons from this Episode
· Nir’s fascination with technology and why technology can help you form better habits
· Why to be indistractable is the skill of the century
· Four steps to become indistractable
· How to avoid defining yourself as a blamer or a shamer.
· How to get rid of internal and external distractions