This episode of The Ad Project is all about funnel structure.
It can be difficult to figure out where to start with all the different factors involved in choosing targeting types, creatives, along with setting performance expectations for each of the ad types with Amazon Ads.
Key discussions from the episode:
- The three main stages of the advertising funnel and the importance of figuring out where to invest ad dollars.
- The different ad types available on Amazon: sponsored products, sponsored brands, and sponsored display, and where they fall within the funnel.
- Examples of different levels of targeting for each ad type, from brand defense to general interest-based targeting.
- The evolution of Amazon's sponsored display ad type to include audience targeting, which is a different ad product altogether from product targeting.
- How the team approaches ad strategy by grouping ads by similarity in targeting and performance.
- The team's recommendation to start at the bottom of the funnel and work their way up to prioritize ad investment based on the product catalog's lifecycle and overarching objectives for the brand.
- The importance of building an adequate foundation of bottom-of-funnel strategies before targeting top-of-funnel audiences to avoid losing engagement and interest.
Listen to the full episode for our full breakdown of the advertising funnel and recommendations for where to start.