The end of the school year is here, and I’m sure that summer relaxation is on your mind. But wait! Let’s first think about how you can close down this year in a way that will set you up for success for the next one.
This process all starts with reflection. Reflection in itself is an act of self-care. It allows you to assess the effectiveness of your current systems and routines, identify areas for improvement, and shift from busyness to productivity.
In today’s episode I’m going to walk you through exactly what to reflect on, and offer suggestions on possible changes that you can put in place. What you do today can drive you towards where you want to be tomorrow. I promise, your future self will thank you if you take some time to do these things before completely closing the door on your year.
- The benefits of creating end-of-year reports, and what to include in them
- What to do if you didn’t formally collect data during the school year
- The real purpose of giving a staff survey (it might not be what you think!)
- How data can be an incredibly powerful tool for us as counselors
- Tips for cleaning up your inbox and organizing your files
- Specific questions to ask yourself as you reflect on your program