Our guest is Professor Stephen Senn, a world renowned statistician whose career has spanned the gamut of activities that involves statistical analysis in medicine, from teaching to research to consultancy. Professor Senn obtained his PhD in Statistics from the University of Dundee and became a Chartered Statistician from the Royal Statistical Society in 1993. He has held professorships at University College London and at the University of Glasgow. He is the author of several books, notably Statistical Issues in Drug Development and Dicing with Death: Chance, Risk, and Health.
Stephen Senn, PhD: Twitter and Website
Note: The Accad and Koka Report participates in the Amazon Affiliate program and may earn a small commission from purchases completed from links on the website.
- Wood FA, et al. N-of-1 Trial of a Statin, Placebo, or No Treatment to Assess Side-Effects (Open Access in New Engl J Med)
- Araujo, A Julious S, Senn S. Understanding variation in sets of N-of-1 trials (Open Access in PLOS One)
- Senn S. Statistical pitfalls of personalized medicine (Open Access in Nature)
- Senn S. Mastering Variation: Variance components and personalized medicine (Open Access in Stat in Med)
- Stephen Senn. Dicing with Death: Chance, Risk, and Health (Amazon link)
WATCH ON YOUTUBE:
Watch the episode on our YouTube channel
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
Make a small donation on our Patreon page on and join our discussion group or receive a free book.